Thursday, March 21, 2019

Of Frost Audiobook Coming Soon!!

   I am so excited to announce that Of Frost is coming to Audible in the very near future! I've been working with an amazing voice actor, along with her editing team, to bring my characters right to your ears.
   Before I even wanted my book in my hands, I wanted to bring it to audio. I've listened to my stories for years on automated voices online, trying to better grasp how my story sounded vs. how I wanted it to sound. But automated text-to-speech can only go so far. Robot-like dialogue, awkward pacing, and flat deliveries left something to be desired. That's why, for my audiobook audition, when I heard words I wrote spoken in a soft, human voice with all the energy and emotion I felt writing it, I nearly cried.
   The main reason I've wanted my books in audio has been for my family's sake. Those who know me know I have relatives who can't read English well, but these people (bless them) are still deeply interested in my book. For people like my dad, my grandma, and my German aunts, uncles, and cousins, audiobooks give them the chance to experience literature without having to read English.
   Because of audiobooks, I've powered through hours of painting and sketching without noticing that time has even passed. As I struggled to bring my first portrait to life, I listened to The Eye of the World from The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Now, that audio is nearly 30 hours long, so I didn't finish it all in one sitting, but it was long past midnight before I sat back in my painting chair and paused my mental movie (hugely recommended by the way).
   Unfortunately, the commitment of sitting down to fully absorb a good book is much more difficult than it once was. Life is often too busy to take a break, and--let's admit it--when you're tired, it's easier to turn your brain off and watch something than meticulously try to understand the protagonist's next move. How much more relaxing would it be if you could sit back, close your eyes, and let the story play through your ears? Best of both worlds!
   All that to say--I can't wait until the rest of the world can hear my book really come to life. Keep checking my social media pages to see updates on this progress.
 
   -AC

BUY OF FROST: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1792841450
 
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/am.cabelaris
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmCabelaris

No comments:

Post a Comment